Cannot access Teacher Tools

(This is a contact WISE request that has been resolved in April 2020. Personal user information has been omitted.)

Teacher’s Question
Hi! I love using WISE for my online teaching environment. I’m lately experiencing issues accessing Teacher Tools to view student work. The page doesn’t load and stays blank when I attempt to refresh.

I can access all other parts of the site, except for the teacher tools. Any suggestions I can do to get it back online?

WISE Staff’s Answer
Thanks for the report. We recently updated the server and changed the URL (website address) for the teacher tool. What is the URL that you see in the address bar when you launch the teacher tool? It should look like “https://wise.berkeley.edu/teacher/manage/unit/XYZ”, where XYZ is the id of the unit. If you don’t see this, you can try closing your browser and reloading the homepage.

If this doesn’t work, you might need to clear your browser’s cached data and files. You can find instructions on how to clear the browser cache here

This seems to be an on-going issue. We are getting similar reports from teachers.

We identified and fixed an inefficiency in the server code. We will be updating the server in the next few days, and this should make the teacher tool load faster and consistently. We still recommend that you clear the cache first, as described in the answer above. If you continue to experience problems, please let us know.

Just a quick update- we think we’ve solved most of the performance issues with loading the teacher tool in our latest update. Thanks for your patience!